APKASI - Association of Indonesian Regency Governments, Indonesia
Contact Person at LGA
Description of LGA
APKASI is the Association of 398 regency governments in Indonesia.
Established in May 2000 through the Ministry of Home Affairs’ decree, APKASI aims at:
- Improving public services and social welfare between APKASI members and with provincial and municipal governments;
- Enhancing the capacities of APKASI members in order to develop good governance;
- Fostering relationship between APKASI and central government in line with good governance practices to fulfill regional autonomy within the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia.
To establish implementation of regional autonomy, reflecting diversity through synergic, harmonious, and mutually beneficial regional cooperation with the framework of Republic of Indonesia.
1. To establish a harmonious, synergic, and mutually beneficial collaboration between APKASI members and with city councils, provincial and central government to improve public services and social welfare.
2. To create proportional and balanced relations between APKASI members with city councils, provincial government and central government in accordance to government structure in the implementation of regional autonomy within the unity of Republic of Indonesia.
3. To improve APKASI’s members capacity in exercising good governance.