Short Memo: Exchange waste for eggs campaign in Chiang Rai continues
Mobile community services have been conducted in another one of the 62 communities within the administrative district of Chiang Rai municipality. As recently introduced, the ‘exchange recyclable waste for eggs’ campaign have been implemented into the mobile community services framework.
Success can easily be measured by the huge amounts of recyclable waste collected by the community clerk. Residents, especially children, were able to drop off more than half a ton (586 kilogram) of waste. The waste has been collected and exchanged for eggs.
Less garbage and more eggs in the community as well as a lot of recyclable material - for further processing by the community - leaves everyone happy. At the end of the day, especially the children are the beneficiaries. Not only will they be able to enjoy some nice egg-based dishes but they will also grow up and live in a clean environment.
Report and photo by
DELGOSEA Communication Office
Read more about Chiang Rai on DELGOSEA.eu:
- Pilot City Profile: Chiang Rai
- Short Memo: Exchange waste of eggs campaign in Chiang Rai
- Short Memo: Public Updates in Chiang Rai
- Short Memo: Miss-Recycle-Beauty Pageant in Chiang Rai
- Short Memo: Local Government Network on Solid Waste Management in Chiang Rai takes first steps
- Short Memo: Cooperation in the Livable Chiang Rai
- First Impression: Chiang Rai's First Monitoring Visit
- Short Memo: Chiang Rai Task Force takes another step
- First Impression: Exchange visit from Chiang Rai (Thailand) to Kartamantul (Indonesia)
- Collaboration Ensured, Thailand National Workshop on Local Governance Best Practices Launched
- Chiang Rai Takes On Waste Management Joint Action Replication Activities