Short Memo: Promotion of Participation of Communities in Yala
On the first day, after opening speech given by Mr. Sathaporn Kanchanabut, Deputy Mayor of Yala Municipality, DELGOSEA Thailand administrative assistant Worawut Sornum gave an overview of DELGOSEA’s road map and its current activities. The presentation was followed by sessions in ‘good governance in the community’ and ‘health & environment’ presented by Dr. Chanisada Choosuk, Prince of Songkhla University. Before lunch Mr.Pongsak Yingchonchareon, Mayor of Yala Municipality, joined the session and added that he would like to strengthen the communities as much as he can due this being the heart of good governance towards sustainable city. He hopes this event will inspire the community leaders to participate in some services for their own communities more than before. The afternoon session was started by a representative from Wachira community who was highlighting ‘self-management of vendors for vendors in Wachira’.
Before the group discussions started on the second day of the workshop, a presentation was given by a representative from the DELGOSEA best practice of Khonkaen Municipality. The discussions focused on how communities can participate in municipal policies and municipal annual planning. Mr.Sathaporn Kanchanabut, Deputy Mayor of Yala Municipality, concluded that they [the stakeholders who are involved in replicating the best practice] ‘have to adapt the knowledge because each area has its own characteristics; and that ‘it will make their own community stronger’ to do so.
Read more about Yala on www.DELGOSEA.eu:
- Pilot City Profile: Yala
- Short Memo: Thai Updated Transfer Concepts Available (Chiang Rai, Pakkret, Sonkhla, Yala)
- Short Memo: Dr. Marion Fischer visits the Thai Pilot City Yala
- Short Memo: Integrated Development of Waterworks Services through Community Involvement Project in Yala
- The Quest for Simplicity: Lang Son City’s Innovative Model to Improve Administrative Services
- Collaboration Ensured, Thailand National Workshop on Local Governance Best Practices Launched