Short Memo: Wiangchai Introduces Trash-Made Umbrellas| Chiang Rai Solid Waste Management Alliance
By encouraging the community leaders and community public health volunteers of Group 9 - namely Chainarai Community - to transform plastic waste such as pakaging of instant noodles, snacks and alike to be the umbrella as new products, the municipality is pushing towards waste reduction.
The umbrella will be used as a ceremonial item when they walk in a procession to promote waste separation at source in their community. This idea has been initiated by Mr. Long Srimoi, Head of Public Health Volunteers of Group 9 and Mrs. Nutthanan Srimoi, Community Coordinator and municipal Council Member of Sector 1. It has been supported by Mr. Nuttapong Watcharamonthon, Director of Public Health and Environment Department, Wiangchai Municipality.
Read more about Chiang Rai on DELGOSEA.eu:
- Pilot City Profile: Chiang Rai
- Short Memo: Exchange waste for eggs campaign in Chiang Rai continues
- Short Memo: Exchange waste of eggs campaign in Chiang Rai
- Short Memo: Public Updates in Chiang Rai
- Short Memo: Miss-Recycle-Beauty Pageant in Chiang Rai
- Short Memo: Local Government Network on Solid Waste Management in Chiang Rai takes first steps
- Short Memo: Cooperation in the Livable Chiang Rai
- First Impression: Chiang Rai's First Monitoring Visit
- Short Memo: Chiang Rai Task Force takes another step
- First Impression: Exchange visit from Chiang Rai (Thailand) to Kartamantul (Indonesia)
- Collaboration Ensured, Thailand National Workshop on Local Governance Best Practices Launched
- Chiang Rai Takes On Waste Management Joint Action Replication Activities